Swale Young People is changing the lives of young people across Swale through our innovative Young Ambassador Network, finding life-changing opportunities in Kent and London.
We’re looking to expand our work with more projects, campaigns and networks. To do this we need YOU! We put YOU in charge to deliver projects.
We only have two staff members at Swale Young People, and they’re both 17 (including the CEO). We think this is a big enough example to demonstrate how we put YOU in charge.
Taskforce members will be responsible for the following:
– Planning and delivering one-off events and campaigns as well as long-term projects and schemes.
– Help us in writing grant applications to fund the work you want to do.
– Be the face of Swale Young People and the projects you run. You will be seen as a change maker, receive media attention (if you want), and we believe in rewarding you for your work – be it vouchers or fancy awards!
– Get involved in strategy work and building targets and aspirations at Swale Young People.
– Advise and work with our partners from across Swale, Kent and the UK.
– Presenting to school assemblies, spreading the word to your connections and helping fundraise.
– Get exclusive opportunities just for Taskforce members.
You do not need to do each one of these. We want to explore with you the potential for having delegated roles (such as Chair, Head of Outreach, Social Media Managers).
Before applying you need to check if you can commit to the following:
– Attend a minimum of 3 meetings a year.
– Attend meetings (always held on a Saturday) every 2 to 3 months.
– Can supply two references from a place of education, work or from a youth worker.
– Are aged 11-19 as of 1st March 2017.
– Live at a residential address in Swale OR attend a secondary or 6th form in Swale.
Also, once you’re a Taskforce member, you have the power to change what you get up to (within reason of course) and the criteria for being a part of it!
8th March 2017 EXTENDED: 15th March 2017
15th March 2017 22nd March 2017
We have space for a minimum of 6 young people and a maximum of 18. However, this is not a target and spaces will only be filled if you demonstrate your passion for making Swale a better place.